Atlas of Anatomy for Allied Health, 3rd EditionDr. David G. Ward
Regular price $61.74
Purchase ebook from Vitalsource
About the Author
For wholesale purchases, please order from our wholesale site.
Author: Dr. David G. Ward, Ph. D.
The Atlas of Anatomy for Allied Health is the outgrowth of Dr. David Ward’s anatomy & physiology instruction and his expertise in photography and photomicroscopy. The third edition is a major revision. The Atlas is expanded, reorganized and includes many new photographs and illustrations, including photographs of cadaver material. There is a new introductory section: Overview of Anatomy. Each subsequent section is reorganized and expanded to maintain the theme of “overview to detail.”
- The overall goal of the Atlas is to provide a compact and integrated reference of gross and microscopic anatomy for pre-nursing and other allied health students.
- The Atlas is also designed to be used as a primary guide or as a supplement to laboratory exercises in anatomy.
- Based on four-color photographs and illustrations of anatomical models, cadaver material, specimens and histological material from anatomy labs.
- Each page focuses on a specific topic, is clean and simple in design, and parallels the organization of anatomy and anatomy/physiology textbooks.
- Includes brilliant four-color photomicrographs with a wide range of magnification using fluorescence, darkfield, polarized light, and standard brightfield microscopy.
- The Atlas includes a comprehensive index of all structures labeled in the four-color photographs and illustrations.
Table of Contents
- Section 1: Overview of Anatomy
- Section 2: Cells, Epithelial and Connective Tissues, and Skin
- Section 3: Osseous Tissue, Bone and the Skeleton
- Section 4: Muscle Tissues and Skeletal Muscles
- Section 5: Nervous Tissue, Spinal Cord, Brain, and Sensory Organs
- Section 6: Heart, Blood Vessels, and Blood
- Section 7: Airways and Lungs, GI Tract, Kidneys and Bladder
Section 8: Autonomic Nervous System, Endocrine Glands, and Reproductive Organs
About the Author
Dr. Ward is a Professor of Anatomy and Physiology in the Division of Science, Mathematics and Engineering at Modesto Junior College. Dr. Ward has also been:
- A faculty member in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- A faculty member in the Department of Physiology at the University of Virginia School of Medicine, where he received the Robert Bennett Bean Award for excellence in teaching.
- The founder and Director of the H.M. Ward Memorial Laboratory in California’s Central Valley.
- A scientist at Genentech, Inc., where he received several patents for his work in the area of cardiovascular therapy, specifically in the treatment of acute and chronic heart failure.