Companion Animal Dentistry for Veterinary Techniciansby Mary L. Berg, BS, LATG, RCT, VTS
Author: Mary L. Berg, BS, LATG, RVT, VTS
Companion Animal Dentistry for Veterinary Technicians provides practical approaches to commonly performed dental procedures and comprehensive coverage of essential topics including the selection of dental equipment, radiology, dental cleanings, and anesthesia. The book opens with the foundations of building a dental practice before detailing the basics of instrumentation, sharpening, and charting. Two chapters are devoted to anesthesia to provide the reader with an understanding of the protocols designed to keep patients safe while effectively managing pain. Additional chapters explore exotic dentistry, equine dentistry, and providing home care instructions. Companion Animal Dentistry for Veterinary Technicians is the perfect resource for technicians and practitioners in school and professional practice.
- Expansive coverage on dental radiology familiarizes readers with cutting-edge imaging techniques, including radiographs, CT, MRI, and digital imaging.
- Anesthesia chapters emphasize safety measures related to anesthetizing animals with particular diseases or disorders.
- Comprehensive chapter on the oral examination and to familiarize readers with commonly seen pathology.
- Client education opportunities and home care measures with example handouts illustrate how veterinary technicians can empower pet owners.
- Hundreds of photos and radiographic images illustrate key concepts, anatomy, and positioning.
- TIP boxes provide practical suggestions to improve clinical practice.
- Assign and customize your textbook online, administer interactive assessments, and check for student understanding using in-class polling tools. This is powered by bluedoor’s partnership with Top Hat, the leading active learning platform.
About the Author
Mary L. Berg, BS, LATG, RVT, VTS
Mary is a charter member of the Academy of Veterinary Dental Technicians and received her Veterinary Technician Specialty in Dentistry in June 2006. Mary worked in research for over 28 years, specializing in products aimed at improving the oral health of companion animals and continues to work with companies to evaluate the efficacy of their products. In addition to her research background, she was the practice manager and dental technician specialist at a general practice for seven years. Mary is the founder and president of Beyond the Crown Veterinary Education, a veterinary dental consulting service. Mary was named the NAVTA Veterinary Technician of the Year by NAVTA in 2020 and received the AVDT’s Excellence in Dentistry Education in 2019. Mary is a speaker and wet lab instructor at numerous state and national conferences.