Large Animal Medicine and Nursing for Veterinary Technicians, 2Eby Jennifer Serling, CVT, BVSc
Author: Jennifer Serling, CVT, BVSc
This completely updated textbook introduces students to the fundamentals of large animal medicine and nursing. Coverage of large animal production breeds, including equine, bovine, caprine, ovine, camelid, porcine, and poultry aligns with the curriculum outlined by the AVMA. Detailed, user-friendly text and full-color images aid students with identifying and classifying breeds.
- External anatomy information facilitates student learning when examining and restraining large animal species.
- Expanded restraint content includes flight zone, point of balance, blind spots, behavior concepts, and knot-tying.
- Tips for Techs boxes highlight interesting facts and provide helpful tips to implement in large animal practice.
- Expanded nursing care and clinical procedures feature at-a-glance summaries of common procedures for each
- Common diseases of all species include coverage of clinical symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Expanded poultry chapters include up-to-date information on husbandry, restraint, procedures, and diseases.
- Drug Formularies and Vaccine Schedules are included for all large animal species and poultry.
- Online Instructor Resources include case studies and critical thinking questions for each chapter.
About the Author
Jennifer Serling has been a certified veterinary technician since 1992 and has a vast array of experience in both large and small animal medicine. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Science from the University of Arizona and an Associate’s degree from Penn Foster College Veterinary Technician Program. Jennifer has been an educator in Veterinary Technology since 2007 and is the Veterinary Programs Director at Pima Medical Institute in Tucson, Arizona. Jennifer lives in Tucson with her children: two humans, Caleb and Elliot, Daffy the Golden Retriever, and Marshall the Cat.