Practical Pharmacology for Veterinary Technicians, 3Eby Jennifer Serling, CVT, BVSc and Kate Arnold, AAS, BS, CVT
Authors: Jennifer Serling, CVT, BVSc and Kate Arnold, AAS, BS, CVT
Practical Pharmacology for Veterinary Technicians, Third Edition, has been completely updated to meet the needs of today’s veterinary technology instructors and students. Written by experienced veterinary technician educators, this comprehensive textbook features practical applications of formulas and calculations, expanded discussions of pharmacologic processes, and in-depth coverage of concepts students need to know to pass the VTNE. The third edition continues to adhere to AVMA accreditation standards, helping your program meet all of the requirements.
- Expanded drug formularies feature all of the drug information students need to know to pass the VTNE, including coverage of drugs new to the market as well as infrequently used medications.
- New and improved full-color illustrations and photos enhance student comprehension of pharmacologic processes, medical procedures, and the anatomy and pathologic conditions of organs such as the heart, eye, and ear.
- Enhanced tables and boxes present important concepts alongside engaging descriptions and high-quality images for greater understanding in a user-friendly format.
- Tips for Techs clarify challenging concepts and provide inside information from practicing veterinary technology professionals.
- Instructor resources provide critical thinking questions to further reinforce student comprehension of important concepts, an online Student Activities workbook, PowerPoint lecture outlines, and a complete image collection.
About the Authors
Jennifer Serling, CVT, BVSc
Jennifer Serling has been a Certified Veterinary Technician since 1992 with a vast array of experience in both large and small animal medicine. She has a bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Science from the University of Arizona and an associate degree from Penn Foster Veterinary Technology Program. Jennifer has been an educator in Veterinary Technology since 2007 and is the Veterinary Programs Director at Pima Medical Institute in Tucson, Arizona. Jennifer is an adjunct faculty member for Penn Foster, delivering weekly webinars focused on large animal nursing. Jennifer is a nationally known speaker in both veterinary technology education and large animal medicine. She authored Large Animal Medicine and Nursing for Veterinary Technicians for bluedoor, as well as chapters in other veterinary technology textbooks.
Kate Arnold, AAS, BS, CVT
Kate Arnold has been a Veterinary Technician educator since 2007 and is currently the Veterinary Programs Director at Pima Medical Institute in Aurora, Colorado. Kate has worked primarily in small animal practices within the veterinary field and has been a Certified Veterinary Technician for more than fifteen years. In addition to her degree in Veterinary Technology, she holds a Bachelor of Science degree.